Applicability of This Policy
1. This policy covers how our company treats personal data collected, including data related to the use of our web-site and company services. Personal data is defined as personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, business name, job title and information which are not publicly available.
2. This policy has no legal force on companies which are not own or affiliated by our company, and is not applicable to any person who are not hired or managed by our company.
Collection and Usage of Personal Data
Generally speaking, we do not collect any personal data from you and no registration is required in order to gain access to any information provided by our Website.
Like other websites, we record your visit automatically through cookies. These cookies may be saved permanently in your computer but they are usually harmless. You may disable these cookies but this may affect your browsing of our Website. The types of data collected by us include the browser type and version, the operating system, the IP address and the domain name of the server. This information collected from you will only be used to compile general statistics in relation to the number of visitors to our Website and also the usage of our Website. No personal data will be collected unless you explicitly provide that information to us.
However, personal data may be collected from you on a voluntary basis for some particular purposes or services. The purposes for collecting your personal data which include your name, telephone numbers, address, email address, etc, are set out in the respective screens on our Website which invite you to provide your data. Refusal to supply personal data may result in Deep Green Limited being unable to process your request.
Where personal data is provided by you, we may occasionally send you some promotional materials regarding our products. If you do not wish to receive further promotional materials from us, you can opt out using opt out options in the correspondence, or email us at email@example.com to request removal.
When you send us e-mail to make any enquiries, complaints or feedback, we will record your personal data so as to carry out further actions or to do proper follow-ups.
Your Privacy Rights
1. In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”) and subject to exemptions specified in the Ordinance, any customer: (i) has the right to check whether our company holds personal data about him or her and has a right to receive copies of such data; (ii) has the right to require our company to correct any personal data relating to him or her which is inaccurate; (iii) has the right to ascertain our company policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by our company.
2. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, our company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
Requests for access to personal data, correction of personal data, information relating to the kind of data held and to stop receiving or re-start receiving email marketing, please identify yourself with your name, contact number, e-mail and registered account detail and e-mail to our company.
We keep all personal data confidential except as permitted or required by law. We do not share or disclose any of your personal data with other companies or organizations without your prior consent. However, certain information may be disclosed incidental to or in the course of our operation to the following parties:
1. Any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor, or service provider who provide services and advice to us in connection with our operation;
2. The technicians who help to design and set up our Website; and/or
3. The person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
Rights of Modify and Delete Individual Account Data and Preference Settings
You have the right to:
1. Access your personal data and have it corrected, amended or deleted (subject to a reasonable charge);
2. Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
3. Receive a copy of your personal data and transit such to others;
4. Object to our processing of your personal data;
5, Lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority; and
6. Instruct us to restrict the processing of your personal data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
Security of Personal Data
We maintain reasonable safeguard measures to protect your personal data in accordance with the requirements of data protection legislation. All personal data collected by us is stored on secure servers with restricted access by authorized personnel only.